Saturday, December 19, 2009

The time on my computer must be off, but it is 12:48 am Sunday morning. 55 years ago this day, my mom gave birth to me. I can imagine what she must have been thinking, having experienced my own 5 childrens births. My brother was only 10 months old, and I was the "surprise". When I was younger I used to feel unwanted until one day mom said to me that I was her special Christmas gift. It feels amazing to be a gift to someone!
I think about Mary, how she must have felt holding Jesus in her arms that first time. Go back to those moments and remember what that felt like to hold your own baby in your arms for the first time. Who can explain to another person what that feels like? You know what scripture means when it says "Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart." Each of us have memories we will hold in our heart forever.
I've had a mixture of situations in giving birth to my own children. From having to let go of one, feeling so blessed by God for the girls, and then my own "surprise" with my son. But each one of my children have been my gift from God. Each one of them are unique and special! What a privildege it is to once again hold little ones in my arms. Each one of my 5 grandchildren are my blessings from God!
I am blessed this day,to be a gift. I am blessed this day to have been given so many gifts in the form of children and grandchildren. And I am blessed beyond words to have a Saviour who was born and then gave His own life for me.
May we each feel that blessing as we celebrate Christmas.
Merry Christmas, to you, all of my blessings!

1 comment:

BeckyG. said...

Well said Mom! And you truly are a gift to everyone around you!