Saturday, December 19, 2009



For as long as I can remember,I have been baking cookies. I used to make several kinds then make up trays and take them to people from church or neighbors or the Pastor. As the kids got older, we would sing Christmas songs at the doors and then give them the cookies. When they learned to play instruments,we would take those along and play songs and sing . I loved doing this on my birthday. But I can still hear them now, saying, mom we do not want to do that this year.. or how about we stay in the car while you run up and give them the tray of cookies... I wondered if the reasoning behind my giving the cookies would ever sink into their sweet little heads, and now I can see the grandkids doing the same thing. Becky and I made about 17 kinds of cookies to pass out. I think of it now, and remember the snow getting them and their instruments wet, but in my heart, I wonder if they ever knew how it made me feel just to be able to give to some of the people who couldn't even get out. As I sit here now, I can still see the smiles and feel the hugs!

No comments: