Monday, April 5, 2010

What is a blog, really? A place to "vent" your feelings without fear of anyone taking you the wrong way? A place to get some information to family and friends?
A journal, of personal thoughts and feelings?
I used to journal a lot when my kids were younger. I found great strength from the Lord during those times of writing down my feelings. They were more of stories to each kid, briefly telling them of what I was feeling at the time.
But tonight, the words do not come so easily as my heart is mixed with so many feelings. If you're reading this, you're probably (Becky, Jennifer or Shawn.. )
I recalled the words to a song earlier today...."If thats what it takes to Praise you, Jesus bring the rain..."
I dont' want rain! I don't like rain. It's wet and cold and gloomy. But, we need the rain to water the earth. Just like we need our tears to open up our hearts so God can speak to us.
I don't want my daughter to have cancer... it should be me that has it... I'm old, she is young, it's just not right. But what is right during our trials? NOTHING!
But in the trial,through the rain, the face of our God is clear! We will NEVER walk alone!

1 comment:

BeckyG. said...

I would not EVER want you to have this! I guess that is what a mother feels though when her child has something. I would probably feel the same way if one of my kids had something. I am at least glad you are walking this with me! I love you!